SXSW Accessibility Commitment Statement
Everyone is welcome at SXSW. We strive to make our conference and festivals accessible to the largest number of people possible, and are always looking at ways to remove barriers. If you have accessibility requests or requirements, please contact email@example.com so we can work together to find an accommodation.
Accessibility requirements and requests for SXSW 2024 will open Fall 2023.
Some Accessibility Offerings at SXSW:
- Accessibility Help Desk to provide assistance throughout the event.
- American Sign Language Interpretation
- Session Transcription
- ADA Reserved Seating
- ADA Shuttle with a mobility lift that travels the same route as the festival shuttles.
- Audio Description for select films.
- Accessibility Designated SXSW Badge is a small ‘A’ printed on a badge by request providing attendees that require it access to ADA and ASL designated seating for conference sessions and film screenings. This also provides access to priority entrance and use of our ADA shuttle.
- Companion Wristbands: Attendees who require assistance during SXSW can request a Companion Wristband for a companion, attendant, aid, interpreter or assistant to accompany the Accessibility Designated SXSW Badge. The Companion Wristband does not grant access to any events by itself and the wristband must match the badgeholder’s name to be valid.
- Sensory Inclusion: KultureCity is making SXSW sensory inclusive -- through this partnership, trained volunteers, sensory bags, and a sensory room will be available for families and individuals who have sensory needs/non-visible disabilities. Sensory sensitivities or challenges with sensory regulation are often experienced by individuals with PTSD, dementia, autism and other similar conditions (1 in 6 individuals). One of the major barriers for these individuals is sensitivity to over stimulation and noise, which is an enormous part of this environment. Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones (provided by Puro Sound Labs), fidget tools, and verbal cue cards will be available for registrants to use and take home at no additional cost.
- Accessible Parking: If you have a government issued disabled hang tag or license plate, metered street parking is available to you at no cost. Private parking lots and garages may have different rules and regulations. If you park near any of the SXSW Shuttle Stops you will be able to request the Accessibility Shuttle to bring to any other shuttle stop along the route.
This page will be updated with SXSW 2024 information as it becomes available.